Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's been awhile !

Well, I haven't been here for awhile and thought I would add a post.  In April, Confluence had a concert and it, again, was great to be a part of.  We sang In Honor of Martin which was a tribute to Dr, Martin Luther King.  It was amazing to me how the composer, David Hurd, used music to set the tone of what happened in those turbulent times.  We also had several solos, duets, quartets that were amazing.  Ellie sang a song that was basically Anne Bolins final words.  The way she brought those words across, I was just in awe.  Music can be so powerful and thought provoking, it can provide joy,  as well as sadden us.  Love it !!  
  I also have done a couple of things jewelry wise.  One I especially like, I did for a friend of mine.  Simple but nice.  I haven't felt so creative lately but hopefully that will change soon.
  Today is Mother's day.  It has been a bit difficult this year since losing my Mama.  I would be ok one moment, then I would start crying to my hubby.  Apologizing to him through the tears.  Yet he is very understanding,  reassuring me that it is ok and that "she was your mom and you miss her". 
  The Lord has been good to me, He is consistent when I am not and I am grateful knowing that he is sovereign over all.  He has a plan for me, even though lately I feel like I am just floundering along this road called life. 

TTFN,
Margret

No comments:

Post a Comment