Thursday, December 13, 2012

Time marches on....

  Wow, I just looked at my last post and it was in August !  I certainly did not keep up with my desire to write my blog more often.  Time slips away, doesn't it?   How often do we let things slip. A friend of mine and I discussed that one afternoon over lunch.  She was the first person I had met when we moved here in August of 2001.  We get together every so often, but with teenagers (she has a teenage daughter, in fact Robert went to pre school with her), work, homeschooling and life in general, we don't see each other as often as we would like.
   I feel that way with the Lord also.  I let the busy-ness of life get in the way of getting into the word.  I try and fail, I am really good at the failing part.  I am grateful He knows my heart and I do pray that my desire for the word would be so overwhelming that if I don't dig in, I won't rest easy.  In a world so filled with deception, I desire His truth.
   Last night at our Wednesday evening prayer service we started in Psalm 1 but ended up in Psalm 119.  The bible I use has a heading for 119, Meditations on the Excellencies of the Word of God.  I think I am going to begin there, go through several verses each day and soak it in, meditate on it, and even try to memorize bits !  (I do have psalm 1 and psalm 23 memorized, because I sang them  ;0)  )
  In this world of go, go, go, take time for the Lord, your family, and friends.  It is so important !

TTFN,
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment