Sometimes I find it difficult to trust. I am not sure why that is, maybe I have been let down too many times in the past. I have been finding though, that I can trust God completely. Lately, I have been asking Him to open my eyes and help me to be sensitive to see where He is at work around me, and He is answering that prayer !
Those of you that know me well know I do get nervous in situations where I am singing. There are times when that nervousness causes me to "crash and burn" ! We've all done that at one time or another, maybe not singing, but in some situation ;0)
I went and sang at NATS last weekend. A singer prepares three pieces for their genre ( classical and/or musical theater) and presents one to the three judges, then the judges choose your second piece to perform. I had been praying for weeks for this. Not "oh Lord let me win this competition....." It was "Lord, you have given me a desire to sing, You created me to be who I am, please don't let the fear get in the way of the voice You have given me," then, and I do not do this, " Lord, I trust you will do this for me", and was confident in that. I also had a few close people praying that He remove the fear as well. He did it ! Why was I surprised? He is faithful ! For me, though, I just feel that I am being presumptuous by saying "Lord, I trust you will do this for me". Maybe He wants me to crash and burn to learn something from the situation ! The whole experience was just a big eye opener for me, plus God working and accomplishing the goal I had of not letting the fear take over. To top it off, one of the judges said my high range had a "beautiful full sound" Praise the Lord, because those are the notes that I was afraid of ;0), (not so much anymore). I am just so incredibly thankful for what God is showing me about myself, even the painful bits, and those around me.
For His Glory !
Margaret
No comments:
Post a Comment