Friday, September 2, 2011

Perfect storm

  The school year looms ahead of me like a storm on the horizon.  One of those storms that produce hail,  tornadoes, rain that you cannot see through and I am heading directly into it.  I know this is what the Lord has in store, but I feel utterly incapable, having two kids in high school.  This is a point in my life where I know the Lord wants me to lean on Him for direction, guidance, and support.  He alone knows what is best for our family and I need to seek that out.  I read a quote the other day that said "Education is not complete unless it is built on character".  It struck me that yes, my children need to be educated and know their stuff, but more importantly what is their character?   Are they going to grow up and only look out for number one?  Will it be all about the money and not about God ?  My prayer for them is that they would love God and CHOOSE to serve Him and Him alone.   That they would love those around them, help those in need,  and whatever career they choose,do it well, and glorify the Lord.  All I can do is take it one day at a time and trust that as I seek, the Lord will reveal.

TTFN,
Margaret 

No comments:

Post a Comment